Managing Polarities for Greater Profit
How good are your problem-solving skills?
Do you solve one problem at your company or organization, only to find out you have created a new one? Does the old problem pop up again and again and cut into your profits?
You might be caught in a Polarity.
- Polarities are opposing viewpoints and/or perspectives that do not function well independently. Breathing is an example. How long can you inhale before you need to exhale? Inhaling and exhaling are the two poles of the breathing polarity.
- Polarities in the business world, to name a few, are Quality and Quantity, Individual Contributor and the Team, my Product and the Market, Tradition and Innovation, Directive Supervision and Participation, Planning for the Future and Taking Action Now, Training for Work and Doing the Work.
- Each opposite “pole” has an upside and a downside. The strategy is to identify the upsides of both poles and their downsides and to devise a plan that gives you the benefit of the upsides and that avoids, as much as possible, their respective downsides.
Polarity Management is the skill of identifying and managing unsolvable problems. The objective of the Polarity Management perspective is to obtain the best of the opposites.
There are easily learned mapping tools and a straight-forward strategy that readily becomes part of your thinking.
Businesses that effectively manage polarities outperform their competition by over 500%!
So, if you have one, or more, of those unsolvable problems, a dilemma, a paradox, are caught in “do I do this or do I do that,” or you just need a fresh approach to existing problems and issues, consider giving Polarity Management a try.
Manage your Polarities before they manage your business and, over time, cause less production, sinking morale, and even lower profits. Business Institute instructor, Dieter Amman, can provide Polarity training to help recognize and solve those “unsolvable” problems at your business or organization.
Call the Business Institute, today, to schedule a consultation, needs assessment, and Polarity Management training for your business at 815-232-1362.
Written and submitted by Dieter Ammann, management consultant and trainer for the Business Institute
Solutions is a monthly e-newsletter designed to inform you of
emerging business trends and help you be more successful in the
workplace. Please let us know what you think by sending a note
consider being highlighted in our e-newsletter by offering a
tip or suggestion that has worked for you at your workplace.
Please send us an email or
call us at 815 232-1362.
WE HEARD YOU!
Many of you have asked about Business Institute scheduled open enrollment (not customized) classes previously offered in the spring and fall.
Business Institute will reintroduce some of the classes most requested or popular in Fall 2008.
This is your chance for input regarding the classes:
- What’s the best time of day?
- Best day of week?
- Length of sessions?
- Types of training (Computer, Safety, Management)
- Level of training? (Intro vs. Advanced)
Please contact us with your suggestions by April 10 at 815-232-1362 or Email Us
Coordinator, Conference Center & Business Institute
to Know -- the Power
upcoming Business Institute classes and programs...