Thought about “social” marketing
to promote your business?
Do your forklift operators need training?
Register NOW for these Community Education Professional Development classes:
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2007—Learn about spreadsheets, editing, formatting, workbooks vs. worksheets, formulas, and functions. This is a hands-on computer class with lecture. April 8, 15 , 9:00-11:50 am
HCC West, Elizabeth $50
- Promote Your Business with Twitter & Facebook—Learn to target market your business—inexpensively. This hands-on computer class will show you how to create accounts and events, and add friends and pages with your business in mind.
April 13, 20, 6:30-8:30 pm
HCC, Freeport $60
- Forklift Operator Safety Training—(Must be 18 or older) Gain basic knowledge to safely operate a powered industrial lift truck. Includes lecture, presentation, and discussion. After successful completion of written exam, students may take certificate of completion to employer for required site and function specific testing.
April 20, 8:00 am-12:00 pm
HCC, Freeport $95, materials included
- Basics of Fund Raising: Picks, Pans & Snip-its—Learn the importance of planning while incorporating the necessity to be flexible, maximizing the skills of volunteers, institutional readiness, and pick-up some marketing tips, too.
April 28, 6:00-9:00 pm
HCC, Freeport $50
- Planning for Better Time Management—Want to be more organized and get more done on your job? Learn to create and effectively execute plans, identify 3 major steps to planning, recognize time wasters, and more.
May 7, 9:00 am-Noon
HCC, Freeport $60
For a complete list of classes and/or to register for Community Education classes, go to Community Ed Class Listings.
Mail completed form with payment to: Highland Community College, 2998 W. Pearl City Rd., Freeport, IL, 61032. Questions? Call: 815-599-3612.
**Ask about the Company Payment Process to bill your company or organization.
Article written and submitted by Business Institute Training Coordinator, Kathleen Weber
BI Solutions is an e-newsletter designed to inform you about emerging business trends and training opportunities. Please consider being highlighted in our e-newsletter by offering a tip or suggestion that has worked for you at your workplace.
Contact us to share your thoughts at email@example.com or 815-232-1362.
Now seeking qualified instructors
For Fall 2010 Business & Professional
Community Education Classes:
- Team Building
- Customer Service
- Small Business
Dean of Business & Technology
To work in partnership with
businesses and organizations
to meet their goals with
consultation, technical assistance,
and quality training
Serving area businesses
and organizations since 1991