Employees Need Training?
Corporate Budget Tight?
Want to Update Your Skills?
Check out these Professional Development classes for Fall ’09 coordinated by Highland Community College Business Institute and register TODAY!
Do Your Technical Skills Need a Boost?
- Blueprint Reading:Do you need some hands-on training in reading blueprints on the job? Here’s a chance to learn how to read, interpret, and communicate with prints. CLASS HELD: Sept. 19 & 26, 8:30 am-Noon, HCC, Freeport $125
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing: Learn to interpret mechanical prints. Topics include: symbols, rules, terminology, geometric characteristics, datums, and inspection as related to ASME Y14.5-1994. CLASS HELD: Oct. 10, 17, 8:30 am-Noon, HCC, Freeport $125
How about supervisory skills?
- Meetings That Get Results: Learn how to gain commitment for structure and conduct effective and productive meetings. Don’t let meetings be a punishment—make them a source of energy! CLASS HELD: Oct. 1, 9:00 am-Noon, HCC, Freeport $60
- Discipline in the Workplace: Participants will learn to identify: 7 elements of effective employee discipline and the 5 steps in the discipline process. CLASS HELD: Oct. 15, 9:00am-Noon, HCC, Freeport $60
- Motivating Employees: Be able to recognize the differences between intrinsic and external motivation and learn how to apply the Performance Analysis Quadrant Model. CLASS HELD: Nov. 5, 9:00 am-Noon, HCC, Freeport $60
Safety Should ALWAYS Be #1:
- DOT Haz Mat: This one day overview covers Training Requirements, Packaging, Hazard Communication, and Security issues as they relate to transportation. DOT Hazardous Materials Regulation (HMR 49CFR Parts 171-180) will be included. CLASS HELD: Oct. 5, 8:00 am-5:00 pm, HCC, Freeport $149
- ARC Flash: This class covers safe work practices, identifying potential hazards, and following basic safety rules when working with electricity. OSHA regulations, 29CFR 1910 and the National Fire Protection Assoc. 70E Safe Work Practices program will be included. CLASS HELD: Oct. 26, 8:00 am-5:00 pm, HCC, Freeport $199 (text incl.)
Keep Customers Coming Back!
- 4 C’s of Customer Service: Explore the 4 C’s of good customer service and learn how to: successfully handle complaints, build rapport, control roadblocks, focus on the customer, and more. CLASS HELD: Nov. 2, 3, 6:30-8:30 pm, Galena High School, Galena. $60
Train to Know—The Power to Grow
For a complete list of classes and/or to register for Community Education classes, go to www.highland.edu/schedule/schedule.asp.
Mail completed form with payment to: Highland Community College, 2998 W. Pearl City Rd., Freeport, IL, 61032. Questions? Call: 815-599-3612.
**Please note: Ask about the Company Payment Process to bill your company or organization. These are not credit classes, but will be recorded on the student’s transcript.
Article written and submitted by Business Institute Training Coordinator, Kathleen Weber
BI Solutions is an e-newsletter designed to inform you about emerging business trends and training opportunities. Please consider being highlighted in our e-newsletter by offering a tip or suggestion that has worked for you at your workplace.
Contact us to share your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-232-1362.
Who’s helping YOU solve YOUR Business Problems?
Let the staff at Business Institute link our training and business related services
to your company’s goals by:
- Providing a free initial needs assessment
- Identifying the source of your problem
- Offering effective solutions
- Developing curriculum to fit your need
- Delivering training when/where your need it
- Partnering with experienced instructors and professional resources
To schedule a training for any safety/environmental, technical, soft skills, computer, workplace
Spanish, or other professional
development classes held at your
business or organization, call the
Business Institute at 815-232-1362.
Contact the Business Institute:
Dean of Business & Technology
To work in partnership with
businesses and organizations
to meet their goals with
consultation, technical assistance,
and quality training