Starting College doesn’t have to be complicated.

1. Not ready to register yet?
If you still have some unanswered questions about choosing Highland Community College, complete our request information form, contact us at Your guidance counselor or a Highland advisor will be able to talk to you about enrolling in HCC courses or in a dual enrollment program that lets you earn high school and college credit at the same time.

2. Apply for admission
The first thing you need to do is apply for admission. We have no application fee! There are lots of ways to apply:

  • Apply online
  • Pick up an application in your guidance office
  • Download an application form and submit it to the Office of Admissions and Records by fax 815.235.6130 or by mail to: Office of Admissions and Records, 2998 West Pearl City Road, Freeport, IL 61032.
  • Request an application form by calling 815.599.3612 or at

3. Complete an Authorization to Register for Classes
Students applying for early admission are required to file an Authorization to Register for Classes Form, signed by a guidance counselor or principal, with the admissions department. Contact your guidance counselor for a copy.

4. See an advisor
Our professional advising staff will help you enroll in classes that aren’t too easy or too difficult for you. See the advisor during a visit in your high school or make an appointment by calling (815) 599-3573 or Email See our Ask an Advisor chat for FAQs.

5. Register for classes
You can register in the Office of Admissions and Records or by seeing an advisor in your high school.