FINANCIAL AID RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Financial Aid recipient, you have the right to:
- Fair and equitable treatment in the awarding of financial aid.
- Know your cost of attendance and how financial need was determined.
- Know the school’s refund policy.
- Know how satisfactory progress is determined and how is affects your aid.
- Decline financial aid awards.
- Receive full disclosure about various financial aid programs and your eligibility.
- Know that personal information is treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
As a Financial Aid recipient, you have the responsibility to:
- Complete applications correctly and on time.
- Submit all forms to complete your application in a timely and accurate manner.
- Read, understand, and retain copies of all information and/or financial aid forms.
- Keep all contact information (number, address) up-to-date with HCC Admissions.
- Be aware of your HCC email account and check it frequently.
- Use financial aid funds only for educational costs.
- Register/attend classes for the number of hours required for your aid disbursement.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Financial Aid Policies
Highland Community College employees and students are expected to adhere to the following financial aid policies:
Any questions regarding the policies should be directed to the financial aid department at 815.599.3519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.