Turn your passion for helping others into a career you can be proud of. Our Medical Assistant program provides you with a strong foundation in everything from clinical skills, to patient interaction and administrative duties. With our hands-on, career driving curriculum, you’ll have the skills and confidence to apply your knowledge in any healthcare setting – right after graduation. And you won’t have to wait long, because there is a huge shortage in qualified medical assistants and our graduates find jobs FAST!
Your Training At Highland Community College Will Prepare You To:
- Scheduling and receiving patients
- Prepare and maintain medical records
- Performing first aid and CPR
- Assisting physicians with examinations and performing minor procedures
- Instructing patients about medication and special diets
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
- Performing EKG’s
- Phlebotomy training
Why train at Highland? We are the only Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and CAAHEP accredited medical assistant program in a 50 mile radius, our graduates are in-demand!