TRIO Educational Opportunity Centers at Highland
The Educational Opportunity Centers (EOC) comprise a federally funded TRIO program sponsored by Highland Community College that helps adults, high school students, and veterans overcome obstacles to pursue a college education.
The EOC does not recruit for any specific college or university and provides assistance regardless of where you would like to pursue a college education.
All Services Are Free!
Our Educational Opportunity Centers (EOC) will help you plan your future at no cost to you. We will help you navigate through the admissions and financial aid processes of the college, university, or vocational school of your choice!
If any of these apply to you, the EOC can assist!
- I want to go to college but don’t know how to navigate the process.
- The FASFA is confusing, and I would like extra help completing it.
- I need help preparing for the GED test and paying the testing fee.
- I need scholarships or other funding to make college affordable.
- I have a complicated life situation that makes college challenging.
- I am thinking about college, but I am not sure what career is right for me.
We can help you to:
- Complete your FAFSA, scholarships and admissions applications.
- Obtain application fee waivers.
- Identify an academic major and future career path.
- Rehabilitate defaulted student loans.
- Obtain a GED by providing referrals, as well as by offering waivers for test fees and preparation.
- Transfer from a two-year to a four-year college.
- U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident, 19 years of age or older.
- Have not earned a four-year college degree (bachelor’s).
- Eligible for Federal Pell Grant program based on family taxable income levels)*.
- Neither parent graduated from college with a four-year degree*.
*Priority provided to individuals who have limited income and/or whose parents have not yet earned a bachelor’s degree.