TRIO and Project Succeed at Highland
Student Support Services and Project Succeed are available here at HCC! We provide a comprehensive array of information, counseling, academic instruction, and other support services to students who may have been underrepresented in colleges in the past.
Project Succeed is a federally funded academic retention program designed to enhance the academic success, retention, and academic goal completion of project participants.
As a participant, you receive ongoing individual attention and support by meeting with a coordinator to discuss your goals and develop a strategy for success!
Project Succeed provides services from a team of professionals dedicated to helping
participants achieve their educational goals. Here’s what Project Succeed can do
Academic Support Plan
Each student will have an intake conference with a project coordinator. We will assist students to develop a plan to complete their education at HCC and transfer.
- Academic advice and assistance in course selection
- Assistance with career information and exploration
- Referral to appropriate services on and off campus
- Scholarship information
- Referral for financial concerns
- Tuition-free classes
- Individual instruction in writing and study skills
- Skill-building and personal enrichment workshops
- Writing and math tutoring by instructors
- Referrals to peer tutors for content areas
- Tutor Request Form
- Transfer planning
- Visits to 4-year colleges
- Assistance with the transfer process
- Financial aid information
- Scholarship information
Peer Mentor Program
Students paired with other students whenever possible for instruction and advice on study skills and college survival.
- Free tickets to campus plays and concerts
- Various project activities
Project Succeed Application
How to digitally sign a PDF:
1. Click on signature box.
2. Configure Digital ID.
3. Create a new Digital ID.
4. Save to file.
5. Type in name and email only.
6. Create password.
7. Choose signature and click continue.
8. Enter password to approve signature.
Mandatory (required) provision of the SSN: The Department of Education requires Project Succeed to request an SSN from every student that applies to the program. The SSNs are very important as they allow the Department to match participant lists with the federal financial aid files for purposes of tracking participant outcome. Providing the information on this form is mandatory (to be accepted into the Project Succeed Program); failure to disclose a SSN will not result in the denial of any rights, benefits or privileges to which you are entitled.
The information that is collected on this form will be retained in the program files and may be released to other Department officials in the performance of their official duties
The TRIO/Project Succeed office is located on the first floor of the Marvin-Burt Liberal Arts Center.