Skip to Content


Available Grants

UMOS Agriculture Grant

Highland students with a background in agriculture or farm experience can receive up to $7,000 a year in grant funding. Students studying any degree or certificate can apply: this is not a grant for only ag students.

The $7,000 grant may be used towards tuition, fees, books, rent, or gas. A $7.25/hr. training stipend is also available for when students are in class. If you are receiving FAFSA, the grant will still pay the stipend.

The grant is for anyone who has earned the majority of their wages through farm-related work in the past two years. The submitted application is good for two years. Proof of farm income is required through a W-2 or pay stubs with the application.

Through Highland Community College’s partnership with the National Farm Workers Program, $100,000 in funding is available. UMOS is a nonprofit advocacy organization that provides programs and services which improve the employment, health, and housing opportunities of underserved populations.

Apply for the grant here. For questions, speak to your advisor by calling 815-599-3573.

Highland Campus

2998 W. Pearl City Rd. Freeport, IL 61032


Translate ยป