Get ready to enroll at Highland virtually! We recognize that enrolling in college doesn’t always happen in a perfect order, so we developed this checklist to help you get started and access all of the services needed for finalizing your college enrollment while we work remotely.
- Submit your application.
- Send us your high school or GED transcripts electronically at email@example.com or in a sealed envelope to HCC, Attn: Admissions, 2998 W. Pearl City Road, Freeport, IL 61032
Submit Your FAFSA
- Fill out the FAFSA using Highland’s school ID: 001681
- Complete 3 required forms and send to financial aid electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or HCC, Attn: Financial Aid, 2998 W. Pearl City Road, Freeport, IL 61032
- 1 in 3 students are randomly picked for verification – Additional paperwork required – send to financial aid electronically to email@example.com or HCC, Attn: Financial Aid, 2998 W. Pearl City Road, Freeport, IL 61032
Transferring College Credit to Highland
- Qualifying ACT/SAT scores or GPA to use in lieu of taking the HCC placement test:
- English = 20 or higher/490 or higher
- Reading = 20 or higher/490 or higher
- Math = 22 or higher/560 or higher
- A cumulative unweighted 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) combined with four years of math and English
- If you need to take a placement test:
- If you need testing accommodations, contact Barb Statdfield with ADA Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interactive placement tests are available through the free ACCUPLACER Study App.
- To schedule a placement test, contact Wendy Fitzgibbon at email@example.com.
Meet with a Student Advisor
Register for Classes with Enrollment Services
- Advising will share your class selections with enrollment services for registration.
- You will get a schedule/bill in the mail within 7-10 business days after you’ve been registered.
- Admissions will follow up with you via email with documents to help introduce you to the resources available to you (GroupWise, Moodle, ROAR, Online Bill Pay, etc.), including how to set up a payment plan.
- Prefer a face-to-face virtual meeting? Set up a Zoom call with Admissions staff through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finalize Financial Aid
- You can still register for fall classes! At the time of registration, you must make one of the following payment arrangements: pay in full, enroll in a payment plan (with no fees), or have authorized financial aid covering your balance. You can register in-person, virtually through Zoom, or through email at email@example.com. Questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment plans and online payments are available through Online Bill Pay.
- Half Now/Half Later
- Monthly Installments
- The earlier you register, the more installments available.
- Payment Plan Fees ALL waived for Fall 2020.
Apply for Scholarships
Become a Student Worker
- To become a student worker, you have to meet the following requirements:
- Have a 2.0 GPA (waived for new students)
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Workstudy Eligible
- Apply online.
Highland Community College
Start Here. Go Anywhere.
As a community college, our mission is built around meeting the needs of our greater northwest Illinois community through quality educational and cultural programs. We are proud to have served thousands of students at our campus in Freeport and through online learning opportunities.
In addition to offering degrees and certificates, Highland is a beacon of cultural opportunity. Our theatre, arts, music, literature and lecture series are popular throughout the area. And our Cougars have a strong record of athletic success. We are committed to your academic success and to providin you with excellent instruction, a safe environment in which to learn, a diverse group of clubs and activities, and comprehensive student support services.