It’s all here at Highland! We recognize that enrolling in college doesn’t always happen in perfect order, so we developed this checklist to help you get started and access all of the services needed for finalizing your college enrollment. Just use the steps below!
- Submit your application.
- Send us your high school or GED transcripts electronically at email@example.com or in a sealed envelope to HCC, Attn: Admissions, 2998 W. Pearl City Road, Freeport, IL 61032
Submit Your FAFSA and Financial Aid Documents
- Fill out the FAFSA using Highland’s school ID: 001681
- Complete 3 required forms and send to financial aid electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or HCC, Attn: Financial Aid, 2998 W. Pearl City Road, Freeport, IL 61032
- 1 in 3 students are randomly picked for verification – Additional paperwork required – send to financial aid electronically to email@example.com or HCC, Attn: Financial Aid, 2998 W. Pearl City Road, Freeport, IL 61032
Transferring College Credit to Highland
- Send official transcripts electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to HCC, Attn: Jeremy Bradt 2998 W. Pearl City Road, Freeport, IL 61032
- Qualifying ACT/SAT scores or GPA to use in lieu of taking Highland placement tests:
- English = 20 or higher/490 or higher
- Reading = 20 or higher/490 or higher
- Math = 22 or higher/560 or higher
- A cumulative unweighted 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) combined with four years of math and English
- If you need to take a placement test:
- If you need testing accommodations, contact Barb Statdfield with ADA Services at email@example.com.
- Interactive placement tests are available through the free ACCUPLACER Study App.
Meet with a Student Advisor
Register for Classes with Enrollment Services
- Following your advising appointment, you can work with Admissions staff, in-person or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), to officially register for classes.
- Admissions will help you navigate student accounts and show you the resources available to you (Groupwise, Moodle, ROAR, Online Bill Pay, etc.). This will include how to set up a payment plan.
Pay for Classes
- Following registration, you must make one of the following payment arrangements: pay in full, enroll in a payment plan, or have authorized financial aid covering your balance.
- Payment plans and online payments are available through Online Bill Pay.
- Half Now/Half Later
- Monthly Installments
- The earlier you register, the more installments available
Apply for Scholarships
Become a Student Worker
As a community college, our mission is built around meeting the needs of our greater northwest Illinois community through quality educational and cultural programs. We are proud to have served thousands of students at our campus in Freeport and through online learning opportunities.
In addition to offering more than 70 degrees and certificates, Highland is a beacon of cultural opportunity. Our theatre, arts, music, literature, and lecture series are popular throughout the area. And our Highland Cougars have a strong record of athletic success. We are committed to your academic success and to providin you with excellent instruction, a safe environment in which to learn, a diverse group of clubs and activities, and comprehensive student support services.