In order to provide support so that students can be successful during virtual learning,
the HOPE program will also accept applications for assistance to provide students Internet, hotspots, and/or other technology resources. For students requesting assistance with Internet, hotspot service, and/or other technology resources, the GPA and course load requirements will be waived.
The Helping Overcome Personal Emergencies Program at Highland Community College provides assistance to students dealing with unexpected financial emergencies. H.O.P.E. was created to help students stay in college and meet their educational goals
To be considered for the program,
- Full or part-time HCC student (minimum 6 credit hours in the fall/spring semester or 3 credit hours in the summer semester)
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Document extreme or personal emergency
Eligible expenses include: utilities, housing/rent, food, medical/dental, licensed childcare, transportation and personal automobile expenses, Internet, hotspots, and/or other technology resources.
- Complete the online application
- Attach or submit in person supporting documents within 48 hours of application submission
- Check HCC email for grant updates
For more information on H.O.P.E. or the application process, email HOPE@highland.edu.
If you are a donor who is interested in giving to the hope program, please contact the Highland Community College Foundation office at 815-599-3408.