The Helping Overcome Personal Emergencies Program at Highland Community College aids students dealing with unexpected financial emergencies. H.O.P.E. was created to help students stay in college and meet their educational goals. H.O.P.E. is funded through generous donor gifts.
- Full or part-time HCC student (minimum 6 credit hours in the fall/spring semester or 3 credit hours in the summer semester)
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Document extreme or personal emergency
Eligible expenses include: utilities, housing/rent, food, medical/dental, licensed childcare, transportation and personal automobile expenses (excluding installment loans).
- Complete the online application
- Attach or submit in person supporting documents within 48 hours of application submission
- Check HCC email for grant updates
For more information on H.O.P.E. or the application process, email HOPE@highland.edu.