Upward Bound is a pre-college program which partners with high school students and their families to overcome class, social, academic, and cultural barriers to higher education.
The Upward Bound Program is grant funded by the Department of Education and serves approximately 53,000 students in 722 Upward Bound programs at no cost.
– Incoming freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior at Freeport High School
– Potential first generation college students (neither parent/guardian has a bachelor’s degree)
– U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident of the U.S.
– Meet income guidelines
– Academic advising and coaching
– College visits and information
– Cultural enrichment
– Financial aid and scholarship assistance
– SAT preparation
– Summer classes
– Career internships and community involvement
– Leadership training
Participating High Schools
-Freeport High School
For more information on the Upward Bound program at Highland Community College call 815-599-3485.