WELCOME TO HIGHLAND
We welcome our communities to take a stroll around our beautiful campus, enjoy the sounds of our many community choirs and musical groups, listen to a guest lecturer, watch an athletic event, and, perhaps, enroll in a class or two. Witness first hand some of the many wonderful things happening at Highland Community College. Highland – an institution of exceptional quality – represents a bright, shining resource for northwest Illinois.
As a community college, our mission is built around meeting the needs of our greater northwest Illinois community through quality educational and cultural programs. We are proud to have served thousands of students at our campus in Freeport and at satellite locations throughout the district.
In addition to offering comprehensive academic programming with over 60 degrees and certificates, Highland is a beacon of cultural opportunity. Our theatre, arts, music, literature and lecture series are popular throughout the area. And our Cougars have a strong record of athletic successes.
Highland Community College is committed to shaping the future of our communities by providing quality education and learning opportunities through programs and services that encourage the personal and professional growth of the people of northwestern Illinois.
• Providing instruction to enable students to complete specific vocational degrees and certificates.
• Providing occupational training, retraining, and/or upgrading of skills to meet individual, local, and state needs.
• Providing developmental and general education designed to meet individual educational goals.
• Providing community education designed to meet local cultural needs and encourage lifelong learning.
• Providing opportunities that enhance cultural understanding through international education.
• Providing a range of student support services that recognize and support the educational goals and needs of a diverse student population.
• Supporting economic development through partnerships with business, industry, chambers of commerce, units of local government, and other educational institutions.
• Providing community access as an open-door institution to all college services and facilities.
Highland Community College partners with learners in successfully shaping their futures.
Principles of Operation
Grounded in purpose
Sense of humor
Climate that promotes competence
Highland Community College Strategic Plan 2017-2022
For more information about the College, contact the Office of Community Relations