Upon completion of the Hospitality Management Program, students will be able to:
- Interpret the current methods, best strategies, trends and professional standards in hotels, restaurants, and related industries.
- Analyze the relationship between providing guest-pleasing service and the marketing process.
- Apply hospitality cost controls in relation to product, pricing, labor and service.
- Compare the direct and indirect cultural, economic and environmental impacts of tourism.
- Interpret basic legal principles and laws that govern operations in the hospitality industry.
- Apply cost percentages, yield management, and other revenue management concepts.
- Identify causes of, and ways to prevent, accidents, illnesses and unsafe situations in hospitality operations.
- Formulate a personal management style to provide effective leadership to staff and coworkers.