On Friday, November 3, ten Highland Community College Agriculture Club members participated in the Illinois Post-Secondary Agriculture Students (PAS) Annual Fall Conference at Lincoln Land College in Springfield, IL.
During the conference, participants competed in some agriculture-specific content areas that included general knowledge exams, real-world problem-solving scenarios, goal setting activities and personal interviews.
Post-Secondary Agriculture Students (PAS) is a national student organization that provides opportunities for college agriculture students to experience individual growth, leadership and career preparation through competition and cooperative activities.
Congratulations to following Highland Agriculture students that competed in their content areas
– Aaron Ackerman (Pecatonica) – 1st Place in AG Sales Presentation,
– Drew Groezinger (Stockton) – 1st Place in Floriculture Employment Interview, 3rd Place in Floriculture Specialist Individual
– Andrea Willing (Rock City) – 1st Place in Dairy Production Employment Interview
– Michelle Johnson (Stillman Valley) – participated in Animal Health Employment Interview
– Stephanie Nadig (Stockton) – participated in Livestock Production Employment Interview
– Nicole Simler (Freeport) – participated in AG Education Employment Interview
– Michael Wubbena (Forreston) – participated in Prepared Public Speaking
– Floriculture Specialist Team – Michelle Johnson and Drew Groezinger 1st Place
– Beef Specialist Team – Charlie Elliott (Freeport), Stephanie Nadig, Andrea Willing
– Swine Specialist Team – Aaron Ackerman, Madison Folk (Dakota), Shelby Fryar (Lanark)
– Crop Specialist Team – Nicole Simler, Michael Wubbena
Students that placed in their respective area can participate in the National PAS Conference that will be held March 13-16, 2018 in Louisville, KY. The next state PAS competition is the Illinois PAS Annual Conference on February 9, 2018, at Lincoln Land Community College in Springfield, IL.
The Highland Agriculture Department would like to thank the State Bank of Freeport for sponsoring the Highland AG Club and our participation in PAS activities. The funds generously contributed are used to purchase materials in preparation for competitions as well as expenses to register and travel to the conferences. If you have any questions or would like more information about the HCC PAS organization, please contact Justin Ebert, Agriculture Instructor at email@example.com.
OFFICE OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS
2998 W. Pearl City Road
Freeport, IL 61032-9341