The Highland Community Agriculture Department, the HCC Foundation, and the Stephenson County Farm Bureau are holding a “Farm-to-Fork” Dinner on Thursday, September 14, served at Keith Hinrich’s farm located at 4715 West Pearl City Road west of Freeport.
Beginning with a social hour at 5:30 p.m., the menu includes a five-course meal featuring items created with all locally-sourced ingredients provided by northwest Illinois producers. Complimentary local beer and wine will be made available by Lena Brewing Company and Famous Fossil Vineyard & Winery. The dinner will be catered by The Rafters Restaurant, Catering & Events and served by Highland Agriculture and Hospitality Management students.
“We feel this will be a unique opportunity to showcase the Highland Agriculture program while raising awareness about the wealth of locally-grown products available in northwest Illinois,” said Agriculture instructor, Justin Ebert.
Local agriculture specialists will be present to discuss how their products are produced or raised. The menu will include the following items:
– Social hour: cheese and crackers
– Appetizers: grilled watermelon with chimichurri and balsamic infused feta cheese
– Soup: creamy eggplant with caramelized onions and raisins
– Salad: arugula & spinach with pears, pecorino cheese, prosciutto and pine nuts topped with fresh herb citronette.
– Entree: balsamic glazed beef tenderloin medallions topped with Tuscan chutney; roasted cauliflower with spinach-bacon butter; wild rice with Burgundy mushrooms
– Dessert: salted pecan baked apple
Tickets are $75 and available by calling 815.232.3186 or stopping by the Stephenson County Farm Bureau at 210 West Spring Street in Freeport. Tickets must be purchased by September 9. All proceeds are in support of the HCC Agriculture Department.
For more information, contact Justin Ebert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815.599.3507.
OFFICE OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS
2998 W. Pearl City Road
Freeport, IL 61032-9341