The 2018 Highland Community College Job Fair is on Wednesday, March 28, from 5 to 7:30 p.m. and Thursday, March 29, from 9 a.m. to noon in the Newell Room, located on the second floor of the Student/Conference Center at Highland Community College, 2998 W. Pearl City Rd., Freeport, Ill.
Current students, graduates and area residents seeking employment are invited to attend. This free event is an excellent networking opportunity for job seekers, typically featuring 30 employers in northern Illinois. Business casual attire is highly recommended at the Job Fair.
The following employers will be at the Job Fair:
- Anchor Harvey Components, LLC
- Bonnell Industries Inc.
- Columbia College
- DD Homes
- Exchange Communications
- Furst Staffing & Furst Professionals
- Girl Scouts of Northern IL
- Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- Liberty Village of Freeport
- MetLife Auto & Home
- Monroe Truck Equipment
- Freeport School District
- Nationwide Inbound Inc.
- Norman C. Sleezer Youth Home
- Nuestro Queso
- Pearl City Elevator, Inc.
- Pearl Valley Farms
- Star Manufacturing
- Stephenson Nursing Center
- The Workforce Connection
- Tri Star Metals
- WinnPrairie Assisted Living & Memory Care
Effective Strategies for the Job Seeker
Learn from community employers about best practices for landing a job in 2018. These panelists will answer your questions and offer expert advice, with a focus on effective resumes and cover letters, personal presentation skills, interviewing and job hunting. The sessions are held during the Job Fair in room H-210.
- 5 to 5:50 p.m., Wednesday, March 28
- 6 to 6:50 p.m., Wednesday, March 28
- 10 to 10:50 a.m., Thursday, March 29
- 11 to 11:50 a.m., Thursday, March 29
“Post Job Fair Retreat: What Now?”
- Friday, March 30, 9 a.m. to noon, Building H-208
This 3-hour retreat will take place the weekend after the Job Fair. The retreat focuses on potential employer follow up from the main event. Topics covered include: how to complete online applications, social media “no no’s,” and soft skill and interviewing technique development. Register at www.collegecentral.com/highland (Must create a free account and log in to RSVP.)
All buildings are ADA accessible. Go to www.collegecentral.com/highland for more information regarding all events. For vendor registration, call 815-599-3597.