From October 23 through October 28, Highland Community College will be holding a series of special events as a part of “Highland Homecoming: Paws to Celebrate 2017.” The events will be free and open to the public and culminate in a Community Celebration on Saturday, October 28, to coincide with a Cougar Volleyball home game, Cougar Basketball scrimmages, and athletics recognition event.
There will be free hot dogs, brats, chips, and beverages served outside the Sports Center/YMCA, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. A number of free and fun activities for all ages will be taking place, including guided campus tours, Clydesdale-drawn wagon rides, inflatables and face-painting for kids, and more.
A drawing for door prizes, including 25 tuition waivers for Lifelong Learning classes, will be held during the dayâ€™s activities. At the end of the volleyball game, a grand prize drawing will be awarded for a transferrable full-time, one-semester tuition waiver of up to 12 credit-hours for the Spring or Fall 2018 Semester. All entries must be received at the event on Saturday.
An HCC Alumni Mixer will be held at Generations Brewing Company on Saturday, October 28, from 4 to 6 p.m. with free hors-d’oeuvres. Generations is located at 400 S. Adams Ave in Freeport.
In the days leading up to the Community Celebration, there will be a number of events designed to showcase HCC, including chemistry lab demonstrations, a nursing alumni event, and forensics performances. Visit highland.edu/homecoming for the latest news and updates.
HCC has much to celebrate, to include:
– Six new programs in the past three years including Criminal Justice, Environmental Science, Hospitality Management, Mass Communication, Mechatronics, and Phlebotomy
– The addition of a Part-Time Nursing program to meet the needs of many of todayâ€™s nursing students
– The addition of new Chemistry Lab and Mass Communication production facility
– The creation and growth of a new Lifelong Learning program offering community education courses district-wide
– A number 3 ranking of community colleges in the State of Illinois by WalletHub, a number 3 ranking in the “Top Community Colleges in Illinois” published by USA Today College, and #1 ranking in the “Top Online Colleges 2016” in Illinois by OnlineColleges.com
For more information about “Highland Homecoming: Paws to Celebrate,” visit highland.edu/homecoming, or contact Liz Gerber at email@example.com, 815.599.3531.
OFFICE OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS
2998 W. Pearl City Road
Freeport, IL 61032-9341