Upon the completion of an Associate of Arts degree with an emphasis in
Accounting, the student will be able to:
- Accounting Knowledge: A student will have basic understanding of accounting principles and procedures as they are applied to accounting. Will be able to apply accounting principles and procedures to management skills.
- Communication: Effectively convey ideas, information, and intentions in a variety of accounting situations using oral, written, and electronic documentation skills.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Solve problems through the analysis and evaluation of data and the application of accounting theories and concepts.
- Teamwork: Use leadership, fellowship, and human relations skills to collaborate as a team to achieve common management goals.
- Ethics: Recommend strategies that promote ethical behavior and social responsibility.
Technology: Demonstrate knowledge of the digital technology tools used to support accounting operations.