Last year, Highland began offering a new benefit called the Family Advantage Health Plan (FAHP). The FAHPis an attractive opt-out option that has the potential to create significant health care savings for you and your family if you have access to other health coverage through a spouse or parent and have been on Highland’s medical plan for at least one year. Watch a brief video using the link below to learn more about the FAHP. More information will also be provided at the Open Enrollment meeting on May 18.
The Family Advantage Health Plan (FAHP) provides employees and their family members with the following benefits and perks……
- Reimbursement of copays, deductibles, and coinsurance dues
- No premium contribution deducted from employee’s paycheck
- 100% reimbursement from Highland for out-of-pocket expenses.
Important Things to Know
Even though you can save a significant amount of money by switching to the Family Advantage Health Plan (FAHP), you should know the following important facts……
- You can be enrolled in a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), but you can not be reimbursed by the FAHP and by your HRA or FSA. You are NOT eligible for the FAHP if …..
- your alternate insurance has an active Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Your alternate insurance is not an employer sponsored insurance