The student must fulfill the following requirements to participate in financial aid programs:
- Be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident.
- Be enrolled in an approved degree or certificate program requiring 16 semester hours or more.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress toward a certificate or degree. (Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy Statement as it pertains to students receiving Financial Aid are available at the Financial Aid Office.)
- Be a high school graduate or have earned a GED certificate.
- This is not a complete list of eligibility requirements. Please check with the Financial Aid office to confirm your eligibility for Financial Aid.
You must complete the following forms each year to be considered for financial aid:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- HCC Financial Aid Data form
- HCC Standards of Academic Progress Policy
- Financial Aid Authorization/Return of Title IV Funds form
Highland Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, or disability.