Introducing our new nail technology certificate: Specialization
The nail technology certificate allows students to specialize in a growing area of the cosmetology field. Nail-only salons are popping up across the country and many salons and spas have added nail services. Quick
One advantage to earning your nail certification by itself is that you may be able to enter the workforce a little sooner. The nail program will take you a year or less to complete.
Class times are set according to class enrollment numbers. Classes may be held Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Thursday frpom 10 a.m. to 5p.m.
Affordable New Career
Our program is one of the most affordable nail technology program in the tri-state area Financial Aid and scholarships are available for qualifying students.
Learn more about the Highland Advantage.
Our basic training includes:
• Introduction and history of nail care
• Professional image and ethics
• Sanitation and disinfection
• Nail and skin disorders
• Salon safety
• Chemistry and nail product application
Advanced concepts include:
• Anatomy and physiology
• Theory of massage
• Client consultation and sales
• Hand, arm and foot massage
• Nail wraps, tips, and acrylics
• Light cured gels
• Electric filing
• Manicure procedures
• Pedicure procedures
• Nail product knowledge
• Illinois law
• Workers Compensation and OSHA standards
• Business communication
• Small business development
• Internship for qualified students