The Career Services Center coordinates the Student Worker Program at HCC, which enhances the services of 40 areas on campus via over 80 student employment positions each year. The center works with students throughout the employment process, from answering application questions to conducting the student worker orientation. Center staff are also in direct communication with the hiring departments across campus, assisting supervisors in the employment process.
Want to apply?
If you are interested in becoming a student worker, you must first meet one basic requirement: be currently enrolled at HCC.
To apply for student worker positions:
- Go to www.collegecentral.com/highland
- Click on “Students”.
- Follow the directions to register your account.
- NOTE: If you have already registered your account, you can simply log in.
- Search for “Jobs Posted to My School”.
- Filter using “Company Name” (Highland) and “Job Location” (On Campus).
Once you have identified a position that you are interested in:
- Go back to the CCN homepage.
- Go to the Experiential Learning tab and click on “Submit a New Student Worker Program Agreement”.
- Complete the Student Worker Application and submit.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, most student workers are hired in the weeks leading up to the start of a semester. If your application catches the eye of a hiring department, you will be contacted for an interview.
Here are a few things that you can do in order to make your application more visible:
- Designate which hiring departments you are most interested in working for on the application form.
- Contact your “top” hiring departments in order to let the supervisors know you applied and would like to work for them.
- Reapply at least every other semester if you haven’t been contacted for an interview. By keeping your application information fresh, we know that you are still interested and can still be contacted through the means you indicate.